Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Mama and Dada

First off, she's pulling herself up more frequently now. The most recent accomplishment is using her changing table in her room...time to find a new place for the wipes, powder, lotion and CDs! She still has problems with rocking chairs. Frequently climbs up my legs when I'm in the kitchen. You can tell she's almost to the point of standing and letting go for awhile! Oh, the days go by so fast.

Now to the posting. She has 4 distinguishable sounds now, "nah nah" (nurse me please) "ni ni" (put me to bed already, and is usually accompanied with tears) "dadada" (dad) and "mmm-mma" (mom).

"mmm-mma" and "dadada" have been more frequent lately and usually appear when she wants something (mmm-mma) or when Mike leaves the room (dadadadada --with a cry).

Well, today at the grocery store and laundromat, every female that acknowledged her was "mmmmm-mmma" and every male that smiled at her was "dada". Some of them were flattered, as they were on the older side, and some of them were like, "no no, not me" as they were younger. Too cute, really, right?

Now she's busy trying to chew through her container of cheerios she pulled from her diaper bag.

And some archived photos from the last 2 weeks that haven't made it to the blog yet...


She likes the news....won't watch 'kids' shows, but turn on the world news..she's all over that!


Showing her Harley pride--shorts and other top are to tiny, but the tank still fits...the way her other 9-12 month clothes fit!!


(can't get this one to turn, but I think it's cute she's typing away!!)



Ciou! (I'm going to adapt the Italian goodbye into my life because I think it sounds sophisticated.)

5 comments:

new*me said...

so cute! I bet she likes the news because it's real people :) I have to remind myself to turn off Noggin and Nick.......the kiddos watch to much! Sometimes we put the news on when one is having a hard time going to sleep!

Anonymous said...

Is she following in her Grandma's "typing" footsteps?? She can have my job whenever she's ready!!

Looking at those beautiful eyes, there's no denying her dada!!

Love,
Mom

Dannie said...

Baby proofing... Must baby proof apartment! I have a lot to do before you get here... ;-) It'll be fun to see her in a different environment. I haven't told my kitties you all are coming yet though...

Mindy said...

I like CNN, too, Quinn! :)

Heidi said...

Ha, Quinn must be loving the democratic convention, exciting stuff to watch. Lucy also likes regular tv.