Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Our First Boo-boo

She could really have cared less after the initial 2 minutes of screaming and sobbing...and it looks worse "in person"...but here it is, our first bleeding & bruised instantly boo-boo. I don't have "Care Bear" band-aides like, Claire K., in fact, I didn't use any band-aide...what kind of Mom am I?!


The story...she's been climbing lately. She was climbing the wall and got to her knees, her right hand missed the wall at this point and BAM her little head hit the corner of the wall! So, there was no fall or any other crazy thing that "baby-proofing" could've helped with to help prevent this injury. We headed to the doctor anyway, as I was concerned and knew they'd ask at her appointment tomorrow and didn't want to have to talk with any social workers for hiding head injuries!

SO, we had our 9-month well-child visit today instead of tomorrow.

The measurements---

21 pounds 8.5 ounces = 90-95th percentile
29.75 inches (with an uncooperative girl so she could actually be a little longer) = 99th+ percentile
44cm head circumference = 45-50th percentile

So, she's a healthy baby girl!

Doc was happy to see her in good spirits despite the cut and bruise, and we gave her 3 vaccinations as she'll be in pain from her head bump anyway (we only usually do 2 at a time to keep her happier!). He was impressed she has 4 distinctive phrases (see post from yesterday) and was glad to hear she likes her food (as her weight indicates).

She also started this thing today where when she gets to her destination (pre-set in her mind only), she'll turn around and smile and start clapping...as if saying, "I got to where I was headed and you didn't stop me! Yay me!" It's adorable.

Photo below was from our time bouncing...so it was pre-injury. I call this her "huh, stop calling name, I'm busy" face.

4 comments:

Mindy said...

What a bummer to get that first big owie. That's no fun at all--for mom or Quinn!

Jill said...

She's such a tough-y. I am sure when she gets older she'll be facinated with the outdoors. Kinda like mommy (CCC sweatshirt- it's coming in the box)!

new*me said...

wow, great growth stats!!! Faith and Emma seem to be stuck at 25 lbs but I think it's because they are never still and have decided to be picky eaters now. Kiss the boo-boo :)

Anonymous said...

That won't be the last boo boo she gets...wait till she starts walking! Cute pictures....need that boo boo one for her scrapbook...one to transfer to Snapfish!!

XXOO
Mom