Wednesday, April 23, 2008

2 AM

Somehow Quinn managed to roll herself over in her crib last night. Seeing as it was 2 am, there were no photos taken, but...

She usually plays for a few minutes and talks to herself before I feed her at 2am (from experience if I get her as soon as she wakes up, I get peed on...I don't like getting peed on at 2am). SO, I let her play for a few minutes alone in her crib and she usually doesn't crab until after her new diaper is on (which is within about 2 minutes of me getting into her room...also from experience--I don't play with her at 2 am or she thinks it's morning and won't allow me sleep for about an hour). Regardless, her few minutes of play this AM included a "thump thump" sound. The sound I've come to realize is her feet on the mattress (or ground) as she pounds them down to scoot her way across the bed (or floor) on her back (hence the still bald spot).

Well, this AM she got suddenly quiet after a "thump thump thump" (not in the 'thump thump' pattern) and I was like, oooh, she's sleeping, YAY! Well, after about 15 seconds there was a "WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH"

So, I investigated to discover our Quinn on her tummy with her arm contorted all odd under her body. I said, "Go figure you do this in the middle of the night". Well, no rolling of any kind yet during the day. Just her going, "aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh". She has gone from making her 'ah go' sounds to just screetching, "aaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh" or crying, "waaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhh", or softly humming to herself when she want her toys to sing to her (as several of them play music when you do something to make them play music).

She's adorable. I can't wait to show her off next week!!!!!!!!!!! We're getting used to the 70 and sunny here, so I hope to bring some of that weather with me!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Those kids always do things when you're not looking..watch out!!!

XXOO
Mom