Thursday, April 24, 2008

Unlucky or Lucky?

Again, I apologize if the weather has been yecky by you regular viewers. However, we've had the most beautiful week here in NYC. Unfortuntely, the allergies are still bad, but getting better as trees are almost done. So, if you don't want to hear me practically complain about the awesome weather, stop readying now.


Our weather the last 2 weeks

*Sunny
*Warm
*Not windy
*NO BUGS!!
*No rain (nope, not even a sprinkle in almost 2 weeks)

I'm just a little bummed because I never really got to experience fall this year. It pretty much went from 70's to 40's overnight...none of the gorgeous 50/60 and sunny that I like the best. I love autumn, and I was bummed it never really happened. Heck, there were still leaves on the trees in November when I had Quinn!! Well, here it is springtime. What's the weather like? 70-80 and sunny. WONDERFUL, but I feel jipped--where did my favorite two seasons go?? Spring is usually more rain and mud--the mud being the part I don't really miss from the midwest as there was no 'spring melt' here. And I'm glad the weather has been nice that Quinn and I can still go for our walks and spend at least an hour each day outside.


But really, why couldn't my 60's last longer? We're almost in May...maybe they'll come then? Also, "April showers bring May flowers"...but the daffodils are bloomed and dead, tulips are on their way out, trees are almost with full leaves... No April showers, and the May flowers are dead.

With my luck, the showers will come tomorrow for my trip to Manhattan!!

Needless to say, I'm excited to come home next week! Not only for great company of friends and family, but to hopefully get to experience my favorite temperature... We'll see!

I have tons of cute photos and shots from the front porch (hung outside this morning as it was 70 upon waking this morning and is above 80 now). I posted my two favorites, rest to be seen on snapfish!

1 comment:

Dannie said...

Yeah... Welcome to the East Coast. My favorite season is the fall (hence getting married in it in Iowa) and it really doesn't last long here. The summers are hell and the winters lack snow. Thankfully we've had quite a bit of rain this week. It rained buckets on Sunday and Monday (specifically at 5:50 a.m. when I was heading out to work!). The midwest trumps the east coast in lots of ways. Today was gorgeous though.