Thursday, April 10, 2008

What I see when she's awake



She's mostly a happy baby all day. I've gotten sick of changing her outfits from spit-up, so she sports a bib almost all day these days. Sorta a bummer when she has such cute clothes! I think I've officially officially retired all her 3 month and under clothes.

She's also getting into a shy stage...with Daddy!! I'll get her giggling and in her happy mood putting her clothes on in the morning, Mike walks in...and nothing. Barely a smile at first! I told him this morning he needs more 1-on-1 time with his daughter so she recognizes him too!! I'm not sure when the official "shy stage" starts (as if anything with people has official stages...), but the last thing I need is for Quinn to act the way Claire did around Mike for 6 months!!!!

And here she is chillin' on the couch. Posing for the camera...ha ha. It looks likes she's engrossed in a TV show, but the TV is not on very often when she's up.


We realized about a month ago that if we had it on while she was awake and chillin' with us, she would cry until she could see the TV too. SO, we stopped the excessive TV watching while she's awake. There are more entertaining ways to stimulate her mind and help her learn. We do watch the occasional House of Mouse or Little Einsteins (I love that show!!) as it will entertain her while I shower, clean, etc. She's getting into her rattle toys too. She LOVES her fingers. She really likes music, so if the TV is on down here, it's usually a music channel. It's the only way I get to hear new country songs as there are no country radio stations here (that I've found)!

So.....I hope you're taking notes Grandma and Grandpa B. for when you watch her in a few weeks!

We're also booking our tickets to Phoenix for Cousin Sara's wedding. We haven't flown with her in awhile, so I hope she does okay. I'll have to take her alone when we come to MSP in a few weeks too, so we'll see how that goes! I may hitch-hike with Jill and Tim depending on how all the ticketing situations work out. It will be interesting to see how she handles meeting all the Minnesota folks. It'll be nice that she'll get to meet Tim and Jill before we spend some time with them too (huge thanks to them for letting us crash there!!). And the weekend in Phoenix with a bunch of strangers and a time change. I have a feeling she'll keep her schedule and want to be in bed at 4pm and awake and playing at 3am....NOT IT! :)

No comments: