Thursday, April 17, 2008

Mom update

So, it's technically a site for Quinn, but some of you MAY care to know about me too!!

So, I had the best hair cut experience the other day. 10 minute wash with head and neck massage. Followed by a precise haircut experience of about another 20 minutes. And they put Quinn to sleep (as she was awake, but tired). Unfortunately, I'm not 100% in love with the cut, but hair grows back and it really needed to be cut...and it's still long! SO, everyone's happy. :) I rarely get "alone" time, so going to the salon is a treat for me.

I'm also ALMOST back into my "original/pre-baby" clothes. I don't think I'll ever be back into the ones I bought right after the wedding, but, it was nice to be a size 0 for awhile, I guess. Not everyone can claim that they were a size 0 in their mid-20's!! I'm also realizing my pre-baby wardrobe was awful! Most of the shirts don't fit (mostly due to nursing). If they fit, I wonder what ever possessed me to buy it (most likely the price tag). SO, I have a few boxes of clothes to go to good will again.

So, now that I think I'm done losing that baby weight, it's time to start shopping for a dress for Sara's wedding in May. I'm so excited to find something cute!! We'll see when I find time to do that!! :)

It's hard to make friends as a 20-something, new mom, SAHM, and in a new city. The museum thing was fun, but short and ALL the other moms were NYC moms so NOT "convenient" friends. A walk to the store is a chore, much less a subway trip to NYC. There's not much in the walking area for baby/mom groups. Some stuff in Bay Ridge, but from what I got from the director of the Music in Motion classes, many of those who attend are nanny's of the kids...so, I don't know if that's an option either. We've had lots of visitors since we've moved so it hasn't felt like we've been here since September already. In due time?? Those people that we do know that live out here have been nice to contact and see upon occasion. Overall priorities and routines change once you have a baby!

I'm in planning mode for our trip to Minnesota. I'd love to come for a few weeks to see everyone, but that doesn't seem like it will be possible. We'll see how it works!! Family will be lucky to get to see us again at the end of May, but we may not be back to Mn until October for Trisha's wedding. So, we'll see how things work out!

Baptism plans are also underway. It's probably the next time we'll be getting to Wisconsin, but you all are free to come visit us too!! :) We'll get to see Auntie Jenny in June (hopefully), so that will be a treat. Quinn might be crawling by then!! A huge change from the baby she saw in February.

Time to continue travel plans while the little one still rests her eyes (she skipped her morning nap and has turned her usually short afternoon snooze into a 2 hour nap!). I sat outside after the trip to the grocery store to get some rays (60 and sunny feeling like about 75). I think I burnt the back of my neck and the top of my head. That's what I get! At least I knew enough to keep Quinn in the shade and in her stroller with the sun protectors up! Allergies are still bad, but getting better as most of the flowers are in bloom/done and the trees are ALMOST leaves. SO, soon I'll just have to live with days the grass is cut in the neighborhood...until fall at least.

So, that's all I have to say about that! We're excited for our next visitors, Tim and Jill, in just a week and half! The day before I'm planning to leave for Mn.

If the weather stays like this for the weekend, I'm hoping to get to the beach and get some cute sundress photos of Quinn on the sand by the water. Just think of how much fun Claire would have with all that sand, Nikki!!!

1 comment:

Christine and Curt said...

yes. let us know what your plans are for when you come. I would love to see Quinn!!!!