Friday, April 11, 2008

Should've Knocked on Wood!

Well, although we had a fabulous morning yesterday running errands around town (yep, photos are finally mailed out people!) as it was a gorgeous "summer" day (in shorts and 70), things took a turn for the worse almost immediately after my blog posting! She was a screaming, fussing, nothing calm-me-down girl. My ears are STILL ringing! They haven't echoed with her cries since the first month when she was either crying or sleeping or eating every 2-4 hours. I really don't miss those days much!

So we had gorgeous weather and she didn't take a nap on the walk, fell asleep briefly as we got home, woke up to eat, played for about 30 minutes...then they crying began. SOOO, we tried another walk and I was embarrassed as she was still screaming so it was short-lived. I finally just put her in her crib for about 15 minutes and sat outside on the patio to get away from the crying (but I could actually hear her crying because that's how loud she is/how thin the walls are in her room to the back patio!). I managed to miss a ton of phone calls yesterday...sorry everyone! I'll try to call you back today!

Our landlord is in town from London and will be stopping by this weekend and I have some cleaning to do and some phone calls to make (yay dentist and pediatrician!).

We're also hoping to get to the Mets/Brewers game at Shea stadium this weekend. Yay outside baseball!! We were hoping to get tickets to Saturday's game as Santana is pitching, but the seats available aren't so great and it's supposed to be pretty rainy. BUMMER. But maybe it'll get rained out and he'll pitch Sunday instead??? WE'LL see! So, Quinn will be at her first MLB and Brewers game! So, I'll be seeing the Brewers play at least 2 games this year..this weekend and the weekend of my 10-year HS reunion. That's more Brewers games I've seen live in...well....probably since the summer of 1999 (ha ha, Jill...rain...baseball...a game to never forget....or that night which I've forgotten most of...just remember something about flying...). But anyway, I'm a mom now so we can't be talking about those days. Ha ha. That was the only summer I moved "back home". Good days, good days.

So, while Quinn's actually taking her morning nap...I'm off to be productive and enjoy the last remaining hours we have of sun until the rain comes....

1 comment:

Jill said...

Mmm hmmm. I think that Jeff and I bonded a lot that night. But I think you aren't all to blame for the flying, because it was partially Phil's fault. Wasn't that also when they wanted to climb the fence to touch Big Blue, a day or so prior to the "incident"?

That was nuts. So we're flying into La Guardia. Tim made the plans. I know that we haven't made hotel plans yet, but the comapny wll pay for it. Tim has to do major Mall tours so, it might be nice to spend a day with you while he does that. I don't know how many malls I can handle. We'll see.