Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Quinn-o-Vision 2.6

The last one was actually 2.5...I think. Whatever, here's another cute one.



I'm started to "dread" the day she's self-mobile! I can't leave her on the floor with anything other than her toys within her grasp. Tags, clothes, and blankets are among her favorite things that are hand to mouth in milli-seconds!! She also enjoys her toys going into her mouth, but she can't really tell the difference between toys and "no-no's" yet. This habit has been nice at night as she'll often find her sucker and fall back asleep! YAY!

She's still spinning circles when she's on her back. I'm sure she'd be in odd positions in her crib each morning except that she's not rolling over yet and her mirror (thanks Tammy and Alison!) keeps her company so she doesn't find the need to spin herself in circles on her bald spot in her bed.

Her bald spot. I think its funny that she's got all this hair on her head...except on the back of her head...at least there's enough for a decent comb over!

What else is new with our darling girl....hmmm. Her neck control is amazing (to me at least). She no longer rests her head on my shoulder when she's sleepy and I miss it so much. She's still cuddly at times, but has been less likely to fall asleep while being held. She really enjoys her time in her crib and sleeps well there. My worries of her confusing days and nights are going away so I'm less resistant to her wanting to be in her crib for naps. The sunny days help out as her room is the brightest room in the house and it doesn't seem to bother her!

She has about a 15-30 minute attention span for any given activity. Reading, rattles, tummy time, practicing rolling over, sitting time, eating...really, anything but sleeping!! After about 2 hours or so, she's ready to nap and soak in everything she's done, seen, and experienced while wake.

I think we're going to start cereal this week sometime. Just a spoonful here and there since we don't TECHNICALLY have ped approval yet. She really only eats at 5 am and 5 pm. She'll just snack for 5 minutes (if I'm lucky) at 7am, 9am, 12pm, 3pm and 7pm. I suppose that pretty much coincides with naps, doesn't it?? She's still spitting up too, so I'm looking forward to seeing if that settles down once solids start. We're only about 5 weeks away from "real food" solids! Right about the time of Cousin Sara's wedding!!

Well, nap time's over...time to go have some Quinn time!

1 comment:

Mindy said...

Her hair is just so cute! I'm sure her bald spot will grow in soon! "Real" food is so fun! It's interesting to see their likes and dislikes.
Oh, and yes, I love the inflatable tub we have. I got it through One Step Ahead, but I bet you could find something like that in a Tareget-like store. It's a really good transition.