Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Eight Months Ago...

If memory serves me correctly, at this time 8 months ago I was 2 hours from my scheduled admission to the hospital as I was almost 2 weeks overdue. Drs Guirguis and Sticco empathized with me as my family was only here for 4 more days and they wanted to meet Baby Born. Mike and I spent the day ... shopping or something ... while Mom, Dad, and Jen went to see the Rockettes Christmas Spectactular.

Mike and I came home. . . from wherever we went . . . expecting to hang out for awhile and get to the hospital. No rush, as I wasn't in labor.

I went to the basement to feed the cats and said "you smell". Went to the bathroom and said, 'why are you using the shower as your litter box?'. To discover sewage instead.

So, a few calls later...roto-rooter is at our house and we're supposed to be having a baby. Meanwhile, it's about the time my nightly contractions started, so I thought nothing of it. All things considered, I had started labor without meds. Despite it all, drugs and induction were needed...along with oxygen ... needless to say epidural, etc.

Well, 8 months ago, my life was so different.

Now, our little girl is eating all foods imagineable, can even feed herself little puff things. She tried cottage cheese for her 8 month birthday. She liked it. I forgot about the added texture, though, and wasn't watching what I was doing very closely and she kept opening her mouth. After the 2nd spoon, starting on the 3rd...I realized there were lots of curds in the mouth to be eaten yet, so waited. She seemed to enjoy the added texture and the cheesy creaminess (even though I bought Lactaid brand as I had so many issues with lactose when I was preggo--I'm leary of giving her any actual cow products). She welcomed her oatmeal mango mush though, after about 4 spoons of cottage cheese. We went back and forth and she ate really well. Probably her best meal since she discovered green beans almost 3 months ago.

Our girl is growing up!

I'm pleased at the amount of activity on Facebook lately. Really, the games and sending of presents are kinda addictive. I should get some Facebook stock if that's possible...gotta make money somehow! (ha ha)

We are packing for our trip to Wisconsin. It's supposed to be in the 70's as HIGHS! It's been awhile since we've had 70 as a high during the day, so I'm pretty excited. Q may need to wear more than a onesie to bed! We'll see!

We're excited to see Grandma and Grandpa R's new deck (with the touch up paint and all).

As for now, I'm supposed to be preparing the house for Jim (friend from Mn in town for work). Well, maybe we'll just end up ordering food...who knows. Also, Q just woke up from her nap (she's all off schedule today...).

Off to feed the masses.

Happy 8th month, Q. WE LOVE YOU! :-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

8 months ago we were anxiously awaiting Quinn's arrival. The wait seemed endless, but so worth it...and I got to stay an extra week! Was it really 8 months ago? Boy, time flies. Can't wait to see you all. Safe travels..
XXOO
Mom

new*me said...

Sweet memories...isn't it amazing how a little person can bring you so much happiness in the smallest of things...like cottage cheese?!