Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Stranger Danger

Jim came to visit last night as he's in town for work. It was awesome seeing a familiar face again and cooking some grub for someone other than Mike and me. Too bad dessert was kinda a flop...there's always next time.

To Quinn, though, her "stranger danger" button was pushed when Mike handed her off to Jim when he greeted us at the front door. I haven't heard that cry in quite some time. She's fine with strangers around town here...looking at them. Apparently the whole 'stranger touching me' thing wasn't so great for her.

Which is odd, because she's more than okay with the music together teachers and mommies throwing her around and singing....maybe that's the reason she's okay with them. You just need to be dancing and singing, and Q loves you!

SO, Mommy's anxiety button has been pressed.
**It's been awhile since we've flown so who knows how's she'll take that (at least Mommy and Daddy are sitting next to each other).
**And well, there will be LOTS of people around and LOTS of 'strangers'. I'm catergorizing everyone now me and Mike or the kitties as strangers. Hopefully she'll recognize voices and be so overwhelmed by the other "little people" that she'll forget she's in a house of "strangers".

I'm glad we're flying in a few days before the 10-yr reunion on Saturday. There will be time for Q to be reaquainted with Grandmas, Grandpas, GreatGrandma&Papa, and Aunties and Uncles...and cousins galore!

I'm also getting more excited for my 10 year reunion than I anticipated. I can't tell if it's because Mike and I are getting a date night, or if it's because I'm going to become reaquainted with former aquaintances and friends. Either way, beer and baseball--what could be better??

I will try to keep current on blogging and photos, as if I wait, there will be too much to write about (and we all know I have no problems writing on days when there is little to say!).

I was also told by both Grandmas to pack light as there are lots of presents to be brought home. Which is great and all, but they're not presents for me! I'm not going to wear the same outfit for 9 days!!! Q doesn't get a free bag! :-) (We love presents, we really do!!) We're excited to see the new stuff and we're also looking forward to raiding Caryn and Liz's old clothes. And getting the clothes at Grandma's means she'll do the laundry!! YAY!

I'm super looking forward to temperatures in the 70s. The coolest the ac gets any of the rooms is about 75 during the day/night, so having that be the high for the day is like...a miracle to me! Even the basement is pretty muggy and gross these days. Oh well, I won't have to 'worry' about it much longer.

I'm about 95% sure I'm going to get my hair cut tomorrow morning, too. Wish me luck with communicating to the local salons! Photos will be my saving grace to hopefully see that they can execute what I'm picturing in my mind....

See you bloggers later!!!

3 comments:

Christine and Curt said...

can't wait to see your new hairdo!

Jill said...

I just got my haircut, too. It just turns out that my 6 week appt was right before I leave. AS for the reunion, I think it is a little bit of both. Sometimes the curiousity gets the best of me. Have you ever thought of shipping the presents back so you don't have to worry about it? That AND it'll be like getting presents a second time around. YAY!!

new*me said...

my 22 month old twins have that same button for about 10 min, then they are glued to the person and cry when they leave ;) Good luck with the haircut!