Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Getting Better

Well, the blogging has been cut down as the Borns of Brooklyn haven't been feeling the greatest. Mike is finally feeling better (after 3 weeks of swearing he had allergies). I'm feeling a little better...only blowing my nose for about 10 minutes every couple hours instead of constantly. And Q? Well, she's got the runny nose, that's for sure, but she's still as playful as before. We are due at the doctor next week for immunizations, so I skipped calling the pediatrician for what seems to be a summer cold. Why sit the in the doctor's office for a few hours to hear give her rest? She doens't have a fever or a decreased appetite and she's been sleeping fine, so we'll see if it's still around for her scheduled appointment.

Music Together "mommy and me" classes start tomorrow already! Well, the demo class is tomorrow, which means there will be kids 0-5 yrs there (most likely). Next week start our Thursday 'infants only" classes. I debated about whether I wanted to be in a class with a 5 year span of infants only. As much fun as it would be to see the difference in ages, I think Q and I will both get more out of an infants-focused class. I feel the class would be a lot more generalized with such an age span otherwise. And although I'm sure it would be a BLAST and we'd still have fun, an age-focused group could be even better! They still have the same songs and books, but I'm guessing the teacher's interactions with the group change significantly between the two groups. We'll find out and know for fall classes! Of course, fall classes will coincide with Q's first birthday, so who knows what that time will bring us!?

We're excited for our next week's vacation to Wisconsin at the end of July for Q's baptism (along with Nick and Benji) and an extended family party the following weekend in northern Wisconsin. I have many cousins, aunts, and uncles who have yet to meet Q and have been oh so excited and who gave generously to her baby shower about a year ago, so I see no reason to not share our gorgeous baby with them all!

Well, off to get some lunch (even though my sense of taste is still pretty much non-existent...)...

AND, my sister knows a celebrity! An Olympic biker! Check out Jen's blog for the story.

2 comments:

Christine and Curt said...

glad you are feeling better!!!!

Anonymous said...

i thought she has a tooth, now, but no mention..