Wednesday, July 16, 2008

So Close to Eight Months

I can not believe I have been getting skinnier (almost back down to pre-pregnancy weight) and wiser to the ways of parenting for 8 months already! Where does the time go? Just 8 months ago, my sister, dad & mom were here hoping to spend a week with a newborn...too bad for them she didn't want to come without some help and almost 2 weeks "late"! We hope the whole fam can make it out to enjoy our NY world soon! It's hard to believe we've been here almost a year.


Since time is flying by on me (like Q is flying in the swing), I decided I wanted to have a picnic in the park today...despite the 90 degree weather + heat index. We went early, and enjoyed a quick lunch, swings, and water at the cooling station (no photos due to water and lots of kids). We never got a swing for Q at home, so I was curious to see how she would enjoy the free floating. She loved it. Especially when I made goofy noises as she came close to me. The grandpa next to us with "Ryan James, Ryan James, Ryan James" (he likes his name I guess) was enjoying the beautiful girl's giggles next to them.


Q ate some of my turkey sandwich, but mostly ate her blueberries and applesauce.


When did she get to be so cute and so smart? Really, I swear she was saying "kitty" as she was waving bye bye to the house as we left for the park--as if saying "bye bye kitty". Maybe it was the sun getting to me already? Who knows?!

We got home to enjoy the a/c (and will close to 95 through Sunday!!). There's an all day concert on the boardwalk Saturday--we may go enjoy the ocean for the first time (like, actually in the water). We'll see. Q showed her excitement to be home (yes, even after only 2 hours, she gets excited to be home), by circling on the floor on her butt...see photos below taken one after the other...

Starting shot (red eyes Q)


Going after either my shoes or her Pooh rattle...attempting to get into crawl position.


No crawling, "I'll just sit back down and giggle at Mom because I know she wants me to smile and crawl, but I'm not going to do both today."


"Please stop calling my name, I'm busy here."


"Okay, I'll give you a glancing smile this time...over the shoulder shots are hard, Mom."


"Ooh, Mom's feet, I want to crawl to get them."


"But I won't, I'll sit right back down instead. Really, when is she going to pick me up to change my diaper and feed me?"


"Mo-om, I've got a present for you!"


Of course, no series of shots is complete without the Elvis lip curl for Grandma Mary!


A full circle, barely leaving the starting spot, all in the matter of about 3 minutes.

I have a syndrome with the camera I like to call 'Dad Syndrome'. My dad, Grandpa Joe, takes about 4 million photos of the same pose. I never understood it until now...you hope to get one photo that is a 'world's cutest' photo...in order to do that, you need to take 4 million. I think I lucked out and got about 20 options for cutest shots today! I took 95 photos today (so far) and there are only 12 posted! I'm pretty sure the parents at the park thought I was insane. I'd push Q, then take a shot, push Q, take a photo...yeah, it was that good. I've been trying to get a good shot of her teeth, but she closes her mouth so quick, or her tongue gets in the way. One of these days...well, some of you will see them for yourselves next week!

Well, she's finally napping (a little off schedule as she fell asleep on the way home and woke up when we stopped). It was a longer walk than I anticipated...about 6 avenues plus park to get to the swings...that's close to a mile each way by my calculations (seeming longer in noon heat!). It's a good workout, we'll try to go several times a week. Maybe there's another park close-by that we can visit too....

6 comments:

Mindy said...

Sounds like a fun park and picnic day. Natalie has that same outfit!

Heidi said...

It's hot here too, ugh. I'm totally jealous of the hair...too cute!

Christine Wood said...

you've got a cutie there! she seems to really enjoy the picnics.

Dannie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dannie said...

She's adorable!! Everyone else already said she was a cutie, I thought I'd use another adjective. :-) Looking forward to seeing you guys next month -- with or without crutches!!

Oh and btw, N and I are the same way with pictures -- we just take lots of our cats and when we are out exploring, oh and other people's kids. :-)

Anonymous said...

No kidding.. what did they do BEFORE digital cameras??? I took about 15 in a row of Alex holding Benjamin yesterday.. it is like watch a movie as you flip through them, and only 1 of them is worth printing.. :)