Saturday, March 21, 2009

Busy Days

Books and Daddy and feeding...OH MY!

Despite my intentions of enjoying a morning at the spa Quinn-less today, I decided I really wanted to go yesterday (as weekends there get crazy and I had no one to keep my company). And they love Quinn there, so I knew she wouldn't be bored. And since I took her with, I decided to splurge the $4 and get the manicure too. It's been....since Dannie's wedding since I've had a manicure!! And since before Christmas for the pedicure. And man could the lady tell...it took her a long time...but my nails and feet feel great! Cuticles are cut down, callouses buffed down...feeling great. And Q made it an hour in her stroller with just a book and some Apple Jacks. She loves feet though, so really, she was in her own little paradise of sorts. Ha ha.

Books: She can barely go an hour without "Hop on Pop" and "Red Hat Green Hat" (Oops as she calls it).

She now goes down for her nap with no nursing session (all week) but demands a book goes with her for her nap. We're back on her one nap a day schedule. Which isn't awful, but it takes some adjusting of my schedule (I no longer have one nap to shower and one nap to veg out and clean).

Daddy came home yesterday...a little later than anticipated so night time routine was severely interrupted. Not only because we were home late, but we ate dinner at Target and sat in the car for 2 hours...not to mention the hour at the salon. She was tired when we got home...

...and she hadn't nursed since 4am...

Every time I offered to feed her, she said, "na na na" and get her blankies. Then we'd sit down and she'd scream and NO LIE roll off my lap to the floor and throw a fit. I'd offer her a cup...no go. I'd offer her a bottle (hasn't seen a bottle in months)...no go.

So, at bedtime I thought...maybe she's just thinking that if she nurses she has to go to sleep right away (despite me telling her all day she didn't need to nap, she needed to eat because I was in pain!!). And, I can't remember the last time she said "no" to eating. And she had done it all day.

Well, it was still a big HELLL NO I don't want to nurse. So, she cried for almost AN HOUR. Just just sobbing, mind you. Full out screaming. But, shortly before 9:30 she was out.

And woke up screaming at 2. Dry as a bone (heck, she only drank an ounce of milk and a few ounces of juice all day). And rolling off my lap to nurse. After a few minutes of screaming, lull-a-bys....and Mommy trying not to scream in pain from Quinn so much as brushing me....she nursed for about 3 minutes. Enough to make me be able to lie on my side back in bed without shooting pains.

And she slept until 7:30. So THAT'S what sleep feels like? Huh...it's been awhile. HOWEVER, it was not good sleep because I'm sooooo full. She nursed after little resistance when she woke up...just a few minutes again...but enough to relieve me a little. Hell, she barely had to suck, so how can she resist? :)

I did manage to find my hand pump to relieve a little pressure last night...but it's not the same as a feeding for an entire day...not even close. If she decides she doesn't want to nurse again today...I guess I'll just pump enough to relieve pressure ... the milk production will change in time. Until then...I guess she has milk in her oatmeal in the morning!

As for now...we'll see what the weekend brings.

3 comments:

James Thomas said...

Good luck with the nursing (or lack there of!). I guess we're on the opposite ends of nursing right now. Too funny.

Stacy Thomas said...

Oops, Jim was signed in. That was actually my post (duh!).

Heidi said...

Ouch! I feel for you!