Tuesday, March 31, 2009

We stumbled into something great!

So, we took a walk yesterday to return our netflix with hopes to get a good DVD back. And kept walking.

Ended up at the library.

Quinn saw the shelves of books as we entered and got SOOOO excited she barely stayed in her stroller as we entered.

And it was story hour for toddlers. But she did just as good as she would with baby hour. We haven't been to the library since she started reading books and not eating them (all the time). She'd listen to the story for a few pages that the lady was reading. Then get distracted by all the books surrounding us. She'd get off my lap, pull a book off the shelf, and back up until she hit my lap again (it's the cutest thing...). Look through the book, go OOOOH. Put it back...listen to a few more pages. AND REPEAT.

Then toys came out!

And english was not the first language of any of the other moms or kids there. They were speaking something I'm not even sure what it was, but I don't think it was italian either...Not that that matters, but I felt awkward as I just wanted to go get a few books and feel like I intruded on their toddler time. I was a little out of place as I was the only one sitting with or near my kid. All the moms were at a table talking to each other while their kids were wandering around. I guess Q's a little young to play totally independently, or sit and listen to a story, but I thought it was rude to talk while the librarian was telling stories and singing songs. If there's a toy time after story time, talk then. Right?!

Anyway, Quinn picked out 5 books and I picked out 1 book for her. So, a few more books. She knows they're not quite right for the house either, as she's separated them from all her other books. The library books are apparently "kitchen" books and they've found a place on the shelves in there...or the counter. YEP, she can reach the counter.

SO, we'll try "baby" story hour next week and see what the age of those kids is and maybe we'll continue toddler time. Heck, it's free!

2 comments:

new*me said...

I love story hour :) I took Jake when he was little. The library is just above us and I think I am going to start taking the twins. They are just now getting out of the ripping stage!

G's Realm said...

I wish someone had a puppy hour.