Sunday, March 8, 2009

Weekend

Well, after a long week and about a million blog entries, the much anticipated weekend arrived.

And is almost gone!

We spent yesterday working on our computer, fixing my car, cleaning, and walking up and down the block.

Yep, Quinn's new favorite activity is carrying around her bottle of bubbles and walking down the block. She's not the biggest fan of walking back to the house, though (it's a low-grade incline so the walk towards 13th is easier than the walk back to 12th) :) She still loves her stroller, no lies about that. But when we're outside playing in the backyard, she'll suddenly bolt down the driveway. And she's getting faster every day!!!

I missed the pedicure...got a cut between my toes and decided a pedicure would harm, not relax. So...next weekend we'll try again! Maybe this week sometimes, the gals love Quinn there. :)

It's been kind of a gloomy day so far. Quinn was up at 6:15...well, actually 7:15 I guess, eh? And no sun was out...kind of a bummer. Now here we are at 10 and still no sun. It rained a little. I thought the rain was supposed to hold off until later. We may go to the zoo in the rain anyway.

Nikki mentioned that when the temps go above freezing in Mn, people start pouring out of their houses. Well it was 60/65 here yesterday afternoon and people were out of their houses...in coats and hats and scarves. It got chillier, but muggier, that night so it was hard to decide what to wear. But really, I was out in a tshirt, capris and sandals! :) I had Q in a long sleeve shirt, pants, and shoes. Brought her in and she was DRIPPING in sweat..guess that was a little too warm. Pulled a 2T tshirt from her drawer....it didn't fit her! But she wore it anyway. I think it's cute when her belly sticks out a little bit. Helps me realize she is still eating enough!

Weaning is going okay. Slow but sure. We actually skipped 2 feedings yesterday, but I gave in and fed her at 4am today hoping that would help her sleep past 6:30...it didn't help her. She managed to drink a cup of water, a cup of juice and a cup of milk. I should say 4oz water, 4oz watered down juice and 4 oz of milk. She was really working out yesterday....maybe the warmer weather will keep her playing and self-hydrating and she'll gradually help wean herself. We'll see!! As for right now, "redirecting" when she asks for a "dink" (drink) doesn't not always work. If it works...it works for about a minute, then she wants a "dink" and nothing can make that go away (so far). If I sit down ANYWHERE and she wants a "dink", all bets are off. She'll sit on me, fall over onto me, pull out a tear or two and cry, grab her blankies and then try the process all over. It's pretty amusing to a certain degree. She associates me sitting with her eating (yes the middle of the night comforting sessions do not involve me sitting...rarely involve me picking her up...unless the comfort, cup, leave, wait, and a re-entrance is needed and I give in and feed her.).

She's at this crazy age where she's so young yet...but she understands and communicates so effectively (most of the time). Sign language is about an 80% fail rate. She makes up her own words and signs and doesn't really care what I'm trying to tell her. Her repetition is crazy! And she pulls words out of seemingly nowhere.

She looked at Mike last night when he picked her up and she says, "hat" and takes his hat off. Really, it was that clear. Insane!

So, we're hoping to get out of the house for a bit today, we'll see if I can handle any sort of walking (this toe thing sucks!) and if the weather cooperates. If not...well, it gives me a reason to finish my studying for my credentials, if gives Mike a reason to play with Q and start taxes, and it gives Q a reason to take a nice nap (as she is doing so far!!). :)

No comments: