Thursday, March 5, 2009

In 16 months ...

A few things I've been pondering the past few days.

I learned that

Pain is having a baby! whoever said "you forget the pain" LIES. It's all still so vivid. I've forgotten pregnancy a little bit...but labor, delivery and post-op...not so much forgotten!

C-sections are no fun...cutting through ab "muscles"...ouch.

There are many creative ways to sit, stand and walk post-op!

It's harder to be away from my baby than I thought it would be...for any length of time! Except I wish it would be longer at night!

I have far more patience than ever thought possible.

Single parents NEED TO have so much love to want to raise a kid (multiple in some cases) without help from a loving partner...I give them TONS of credit!

How I thought I was sleep deprived in college. HA HA...I haven't slept since January 07! (sickness through pregnancy and peeing all night and then too fat and uncomfortable to sleep then .. well, Quinn!!)

I have gone from a cup or two of coffee a day...to waaaa-aay more some days.

I never thought a 10 minute shower would be a little piece of heaven...

I thought I had laundry before....how can one kid seem to make 3 times the amount of laundry!? And dishes..what the heck!?

Is amazed how much a little one learns so quick. If I learned and retained 1/3 of what Quinn has the 15 months...I'd be a genius!

Never believed the stories of "instant bonding" with other women...just because you've both happened to have a baby at some point in life.

Is amazed that she still makes me smile and giggle at all the "little things" almost instantly after yelling at her for "no no's".

How amazed I am that she comes running to me when she falls and bumps her arm, or knee, or finger, or head...almost every time (that's a lot of times a day).

I never thought I would only buy three cans of formula while my kiddo still drank it. Thanks free samples from Grandpa! And thanks to my perseverance and Quinn not biting to make it breastfeeding for so long! It's hard to believe I wanted to stop after 2 weeks (oh, so sore....).

I never thought I could really read the same story or listen to the same CD so many times in a row.

Can't believe how much fun it is to watch a little one mimic everything you do and say ("oh Sh**" has come out a few times already!)




Those are just a few things...the little one doesn't seem to be as tired as she thought she was (crawling into her crib ... thought maybe she wanted to nap!! silly mommy....)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh yes, I still consider the shower my little piece of heaven! I remember the time you and JJB rode your bikes over to see the girls on Orchard St. and I asked you to sit with them while I showered. The little things that mean so much. Wish I could return the favor!

Love you all!
Peachy