Sunday, March 1, 2009

...Let it Snow?...

Yes, I will steal that from Finn's blog.

NYC is expecting a lot of snow.

How much?

Schools are already closed and there's only an inch of snow on the ground.

8-16" is the prediction I saw. Snowing until about noon. We have a little over an inch on our patio now.

Mike's supposed to fly in LATE tomorrow.

Airports like to cancel the red-eye flights after a day of delays.

PLEASE OH PLEASE OH PLEASE I WANT MIKE TO MAKE IT HOME TOMORROW!!!!!

And if it's going to be a day of crazy delays, I hope it's at least enough snow to play in and enjoy and tire Quinn out!

On the other hand--I had a friend from high school come by for lunch today...and it turned into an all-day affair. It was a great "girl's day"...once Quinn got over her shyness and terrified "stranger danger in my house" cries. We ate food, drank coffee, and talked about Quinn's cuteness. Amanda was lucky enough to see some of Quinn's latest tricks (say "hola" "lalola") and she fully appreciated it...was very excited and I'm not lying. Quinn was almost sad to see her go at the end of the day. It's a good thing we almost immediately got bundled up to meet Amanda to give her the glasses she left behind!

Why did we need to bundle up? MY CAR BATTERY IS DEAD.



Tonight's effort to no screaming Quinn...small sippy cup of water in bed with her. We'll see how that works. She talked to it for almost an hour falling asleep, so maybe it'll work in a few hours when she's "scheduled" to wake up. I think we have put the poor girl on too much travel. We may lay low for longer than 3 weeks so she can establish an actual sleeping routine. We'll see how this week of sleeping goes for us!

And I had a realization the other night while listening to Quinn's sobbing as I held her...my hatred for the yellow walls in this house most likely stems from the awful yellow green walls from my office in Farmington. I hated those office walls...and the color made it worse. Now I'm surrounded my sooooo many more yellow and green and yellow-green walls it kind of makes me want to explode so there's something besides yellow. Our next house WILL NOT have any shade of yellow on the walls. I've already made this known to Mike. To please not let our next house have yellow walls...I'm afraid we may find the perfect house but a room may be painted yellow and it will put a taint on the house that may not come out.


Ha ha...enough for today, I should get some sleep while I can!
Ok, I need to go to bed now....crazy talking here!

And again...PRAY THAT MIKE MAKES IT HOME TOMORROW!!! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Maybe Quinn isn't sleeping cuz the walls are yellow??? !! :) :)

Mom