Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Carbs

Carbs, sleeping and nursing.

She must be gearing for another growth spurt!!

Yes, a week ago I could've sworn she was off nursing forever. Now today she's nursed twice already. I tried changing the topic, distracting her, giving her juice, water and milk (4 oz of each, gone in no time flat considering she's only been drinking a total of 8-10oz daily). So, she's gotten 2 nursing sessions...what she's getting, I don't know, but it seems to make her calmer, so I'm all for it!

Carbs...her history has been a growth spurt after a few days of wanting nothing but noodles, crackers, & cereal. She's been eating her veggies and fruit and cheese...but nothing compares to the others the past few days. I guess that means an official transfer to 24 month and 2 T clothes is closer than I think! Hopefully those little legs will grow to catch up to the 2T tops she's wearing!!

Sleep...she's also been taking 2 decent naps for me the last couple days. Hopefully sleeping through the night is around the corner and the gums under her bottom eye teeth (the last teeth to pop through until the 2 year molars) are white! SOOOOO, that teething pain should be gone in no time too. I must admit I'm looking forward to the teeth appearing as the week I had without her chewing on everything in sight was amazing. I didn't know what it was like to have a kid who could play without chewing!

Our music semester ended yesterday. I enjoyed the other moms and kids in class, and believe the same group of us will appear in a few weeks when the spring semester starts. We went out to lunch yesterday to talk and get to know each other a little better...heck, you can only do so much talking when you spend 45 minutes singing and playing with your kids! Especially when you get "yelled at" for talking, not singing during class! We had pizza and it was yummy (not grimaldi's yummy, but yummy). It was a chaotic few hours too. I think there were a few points when all 5 of us were talking at the same time not listening to each other. I had a headache at the end of the lunch...5 kids and 5 moms...ugh!! But it was nice to get out for an afternoon and have the kids play a little. Apparently there's a "Mommy and Me" happy hour in Bay Ridge on Thursday afternoons...guess where we're headed!! :)

Overall, I can't wait for the days to get consistently 50-80 degrees out. I'm waiting for a 65+ sunny day to take Quinn to the beach...hopefully it'll happen soon!!

1 comment:

Mindy said...

I can't believe she still takes 2 naps a day, lucky you! Natalie gave her morning nap up before she was one.