Wednesday, March 18, 2009

She's the bully....

We had a make-up music class today.

Quinn's a bully!!

There was a little girl...who was the oldest. At about 20 months. She was going around to all the kids in class, "baby, baby, baby, baby". She came up to Q, pointed at her and said "baby". Quinn proceeded to put out her hand to "say" stop. The little girl pointed again and said "baby". Quinn's hand went forward and the girl was on her butt before I knew it. I said, Quinn, we don't push. Say sorry. And I apologized to the little girl (the dad didn't seem to care...not sure if he realized his girl was getting pushed around...or he wanted her to fight back...I don't know).

The girl got up again, came over to Quinn, stuck her finger in Quinn's chest and said "baby". Quinn put her hand out again and pushed her over again. I said, Quinn...apologize. And again said sorry to dad and kid.

The girl got up again and came towards Quinn..at which point I picked up Quinn and said, yes, Ellie, Quinn's a baby. But she may also be a bully.

During class she also managed to attempt to take another kid's sucker and someone else's hair clip.

And she also managed to climb the heating vent to get to the windows in a millisecond.

...what to do with this girl...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds normal to me.....lots more surprises to come Mommy. She's not a bully, she's just being "assertive"!! Maybe she doesn't like being called a baby....I know Hailey doesn't, and she lets you know in no uncertain terms! You can still tell her it's not nice to push people down. She'll get the drift eventually.

xxoo
Mom

new*me said...

a sign of intelligence I have heard :)

Shanna said...

This is so funny, it starts young eh.

Heidi said...

well, duh, she's no baby!

Mindy said...

She's a big girl, mom. Not a baby! I'm sure the dad didn't mind at all. Everyone usually understands that classes and groups like this are where kids learn about interaction with each other!

Carolyn said...

I'd push someone if they called me a baby too . . .