Tuesday, March 3, 2009

...DELAYS...

It's cold and windy here. Wind chill varies between -8 and -3...temperature right around 20 (give or take 5 degrees). I don't want to walk to music as the sidewalks are icy and cold. But the roads aren't any better (not that I could drive my car with the dead battery and all). It's only 5 blocks...that's what I keep telling myself.

And there was a little issue with a plane at LGA this morning ... seems the landing gear didn't want to come down because of the cold. I think it caused some delays.

So Mike's still in Denver. He decided to reschedule his flight as they were encouraging that. What happened with that flight...it came in early! In theory, he could be home right now. But ... did we really want to deal with the "what if" he had to spend more time in Denver because 3 flights that didn't make it out yesterday needed to rebook? No.

So, as it stood yesterday, Mike was probably going to be home when we got back from music.

Now he'll hopefully join us for dinner tonight. A totally wasted day for him at the airport. I feel for him right now! But I am excited for him to get home and honestly, truly just want him to have a SAFE trip home...even if it is 20 hours later than originally planned!

On another note, we ran out of ibu last week so I took Aleeve and a smaller dose. Apparently this causes GI issues in people. People like me. And people like me who have little people depending on them for fluids. I never ever thought that a half a pill of Aleeve TID could cause so much brown ooze. But...it fits our situation. How'd I discover this? Took an aleeve yesterday morning after shoveling...to have SEVEN poopy diapers between 4 last night and 9 this morning. She woke up three times last night poopy. But not as oozy, so I was thankful for that. Honestly, it's the only thing I can think of that was different in our week. Except I was sick days after taking the Aleeve...so I think that the Aleeve just exasperated the GI illness we really did have. And I didn't have any pain...so I guess it worked for that.

SOOO, that's our story. We've been away from music for two weeks now and we're super excited to see all our friends again!! Only 3 more weeks left this semester. Only 2 more semesters left until we move. Crazy times!

No comments: