Wednesday, March 4, 2009

My 2 toddler?!

I can't decide which video to post either. I can tell you I'm disappointed that I did not get anywhere near the same reaction after Quinn's nap from her new toy. It was scream and hide and whine and cry and tears.






Quinn played dress up today. But not in the way she's been playing all week (wearing Mommy and Daddy's clothes...well, except for the fact she wore Daddy's socks all morning as you can see in the videos!). We played "what still fits Quinn?" and "what fits Quinn for the first time?" and "what will fit Quinn soon?" and "how did that get in there...you never got to wear that!!".

Some of her clothes from last summer will fit!! YAY!! We have a limited few 18 month outfits that still fit her.

The 18 month shorts and skirts SHOULD also still fit her. It's crazy to think I packed those away in September last year because they were TOO SMALL on her! 24 month/2T shorts will be the best bet as far as longevity, though, so I will probably have to go shopping. 24 month pants are quickly accumulating as we have received many pants/shirts outfits. The shirts are almost too small...and the pants are yet to be worn (waaaaay too long and big in the waist...so they fall down even with the cuffs rolled).

Her 18 and 24 month dresses are TOO SMALL. In most worlds, 24 month and 2T are the same size; however, the 2T dresses and shirts are barely fitting her around her chest! "Oh dear", is all I'm thinking about that. Not only killer eyes and lashes, but a chest to go along with it?! She won't ever have boys looking at her if I have anything to say about it!

I found my shawl from when I was growing up in this tub of "clothes to grow into" that we rummaged through today. It fit Quinn! I'm pretty sure I wore it through 2nd grade. :) I was a tiny girl. Overall, she definitely has room to grow into it, and I'm pretty sure my grandma made it. I was happy to see it fit her so well. Maybe an Easter shawl?

And dresses, oh the dresses!! We have about 6 cute options for Easter dresses. Mike and I bought her one for Christmas thinking she needed a cute spring dress. I forgot we had a box full of 2T dresses and clothes in the closet! They are long on her, but again, they barely button up the back! I'm not sure that's something she'll grow out of!

Her torso was always longer than her legs, but her waist was always bigger than the length of pants she "needed" to wear. SO, now here we are with spring coming quick and her cute 24 month pants may never be used. We'll see how fast her little legs will grow and see if they "catch up" to her shirt size! Let's see those Rebarchik genes kick in early! Of course, the first born Rebarchiks are the runts, aren't they?

If the Easter Bunnies are looking for ideas, we could use size 4 sandals that will be easy to walk in (we have a few size 5s from Hailey and they're WAAAAAAY too big. She's a solid size 4). I don't think she'll have much to do with the stroller for much longer! As far as clothes are concerned: I still don't really know what she'll need for the summer. We'll be set through spring. And we don't need any more dresses! (Sorry Grandma J; the "sailor" dress DOES NOT fit--I should've taken a photo of her when she was drowning in it a few weeks ago. Today, only the bottom two buttons snapped...the ones by her knees! Although the hat is super cute...I'll have to get a photo of that).

1 comment:

new*me said...

so cute!! LOVE those!!!

Hope the bunny brings sandals ;)