Tuesday, September 9, 2008

And then there was . . .

. . . another SAH Parent! My BIL, Tom (see blog), will be staying at home with my Godson AJ and their newest addition, Benji. My BIL, Bill, also stays at home with their two children, Abbie and William. Does that mean I need to have another so I have 2 at home too? Oh dear...not sure if I'm "ready" for that yet. I am excited they have the opportunity to do this...and excited my sisters are making enough to support their families and allow for the boys to have time with their kids!!! Guess I won't be able to say much in the lines of how busy my days are since I "only" have one!! Guess this allows Tom more leverage to get to watch football all day on Sundays now!!! :-)

. . . another Packer victory over the Vikings. Five in a row . . . every game since Mike and I got married (the day after our wedding was Packers vs Vikings...the game almost made us late for our flight off for our honeymoon!!). I'm glad it was an early game as it's been tough for me to make it much past 11pm anymore (10pm to most of you folks). Rodgers showed some potential. And I guess it wasn't all "Favre" as far as the penalties go--how many was the total, 21?!? Ridiculous, really.

. . . a video chat with Grandma Judy and Grandpa Chuck. Q has been staying awake until about 7:30 or 8 these days and thought it would be a good chance to allow them to see her (besides the crazy blog videos). My computer was having some issues so it got started late, but they got to see her chase the cats, play with toys, stand up on her toy box/footstool, hear her chatter a little bit and even attempt to wave. As soon as I pulled out my laptop here today, she came up to it and started waving. Really, I'm not making that up. She got a little upset when no one was talking to her on the screen and became disinterested. She became preoccupied from the stir spoon in my coffee cup. 10 minutes later...still in her hand or by her side. Little things entertain her.

. . . some more rain and SLIGHTLY cooler weather! It's looking pretty gloomy today. A good day to clean...although I don't really want to clean. We'll see if the moment strikes me to be productive. Vaccuuming, swiffering and dusting happened yesterday. Maybe today is laundry and dishes...

Hmm...no photos lately...will have to remedy that today.

1 comment:

new*me said...

I always feel like cleaning on rainy days too. I think it's great that BIL is stepping up to the plate and into the role of stay at home daddy. I think it's the best job anyone can have :)