Thursday, September 4, 2008

Climb Every Mountain

She climbed her first stair today. It's our shortest stair in the house. I was hanging out on the bottom stair in the dinnig room as Q was crawling between the DR and living room so, it was the center place to plop to keep her from getting any breakables off the shelves. Well, she crawled up next to me and climbed the stair! She attempted getting to the landing, but couldn't get her legs high enough (thank God!). For those of you who haven't been at our house (most of you), we have two stairs from our DR that lead upstairs, then a landing and a right turn to about 11 more stairs to get to the bedrooms. Sooooo--There aren't any photos as I was spotting her (even if it is only a 6 inch fall...it's hardwood) and the baby gate will get added to the lower landing on the stair case as well as the upper landing.

Speaking of baby gates, does anyone else have 4" baseboards and having the problem of finding baby gates that will go flush to the ground? It's a rental house, so we can't install gates and I'm trying to find suitable pressure gates. It's not working. Well, it is working, but the gate is 4 inches off the ground. The cats like it because they can squeeze under it instead of jumping over it. And Q has no interest to go near it (yet) and it's really sturdy (I can put all my weight on it and it doesn't budge). Suggestions??

I have some cute photos and a video of her standing using her toy box/our foot stool and pulling all her toys out this morning. It helped me and Daddy decide she needs to have some toys put away for awhile as our house is tornado alley. Not to mention her love of playing with each toy for about 2 seconds and moving on to the next.

1 comment:

new*me said...

I was never much for gates. Instead, if I couldn't be right there for a moment or when I was cooking, the babies would be in a playpen near where I was. They were happy to play in there. I kept special toys in there that normally were not accessible so it made it more special. A safe cage ;) I could not have survived that stage with the twins had it not been for the playpen.