Tuesday, September 2, 2008

The Heat is Back


Not that I REALLY thought we'd be lucky enough to keep our 70-80 degree weather through September...but one can wish, right? Well, with the beginning of September, the heat has come back...about 85+ with humidity again. So, Q's a/c is on full blast (at least we got a week off) and to help me curb the desire to turn on every other a/c in the house, we played in the pool this afternoon. Grandma Mary bought a swimsuit/robe combo for her baptism...and well, she's just fitting into it as it is a 12 month suit. It's ADORABLE and it's nice to have 2 suits around. I'm thinking of finding an indoor pool in the area so we can enjoy some days out of the house this fall/winter, and hopefully both suits will continue to fit her!



Today's pool experience was much more different than previous afternoons. She has only been in her little pool one other time since she's started crawling (as last week was too cold for water). The toys used to be fine for entertainment. Not so much anymore. She found the leaves, dirt, and garbage cans more exciting and was leaping out of the pool (as seen at the end of the video clip) at every opportunity. SO, we changed afternoon in the pool, to hose down the boiling cement so our butts don't burn. She wasn't terribly fond of being squirted with the hose, but, as I said in the video, the water in the hose got warm quick after I filled up the pool, and it was so warm anyway, that the 65 degree water was like a cool breeze (that we rarely get around these parts).

Back to our game. She would spot a leaf, piece of dirt, or piece of trash on the ground, and I would hose it away down the drain. One would think the hard tiled cement bricks would slow a child down. Well, not when she has her sights on something that crinkles! She managed to pick up a few leaves and almost get them to her mouth and she grew very unhappy with me as I took them away one by one. Normally, I wouldn't really mind. HOWEVER, all our trees still have their leaves and the leaves that fell last fall seem to never really go away in our neighborhood. So, really, chewing on a leave that's been around for a year.....not so exciting to me. SOOO, we're going to try the beach tomorrow to see how she likes the water and sand. I'm sure I'll be fighting sand in the mouth...but, really, we live sooo close to the ocean and I have yet to spend an afternoon on the beach! Time for Mommy to have some fun....well, we'll see!

4 comments:

Mindy said...

Adorable suit! The heat must have headed your way. It was about 85 (and ultra humid) when I went to work today and 65 when I left. BRRR!

Christine Wood said...

It sounds like you two are making the best of the heat by doing lots of water activities. Pretty soon winter will be here...

new*me said...

we had a couple days of heat and then today it's only 59....I love the changing weather close to fall

Dannie said...

I think after today, its suppose to get cooler. Hurray! And I think my ankle will be up to doing some outdoor activities soon too!