Thursday, September 4, 2008

Harley and Tears

I can't believe how fast she is growing. And I see her every day! I can only imagine what all you readers think as you look at photos and videos of her growing up! Whenever I pull out a shirt or onesie these days, I go, "This is going to be huge", and then it fits like a glove. FOR EXAMPLE, this 18 month onesie we got from Grandpa Chuck and Grandma Judy...




She was trying SO HARD to get on this box. This box will be gone this weekend! We are going through closets and boxes we never unpacked to see what treasures we can give to Salvation Army. We have found many!!

Also, I decided the living room needed a makeover. We'll see what Mike has to say when he gets home tonight!

Sorry most of the photos these days are of the back of her head, or her butt, or her back...but she's always on the go! By the time the camera is ready to go, she's off doing her next deed for the minutes. She's so goofy.



Whenever she does that cry, I don't know whether to laugh or be serious. As she is so very serious to get my attention and help her already! I hear this cry for various reasons through the day: change me, i want cheerios, i liked that give me more, help me climb this, help me eat this (when it's not meant to be eaten), open this door, close this door, it's too hot, it's too cold....to name a few things. Needless to say, she was hungry and sleepy at this point, so patience was at the bottom of her list.

As you can also see, she is getting MUCH sturdier on her feet! I'm pretty sure she was observing Seth on Monday because when she woke up Tuesday, she somehow knew how to stand steady by only holding on to (fill in the blank) with one hand. This morning, she was SOOO close to letting go of the toy box I was scared she'd just start walking! She tried to let go this afternoon and crashed to her bum and let out BIG tears (she's really good at automatic waterworks). She was fine, she just got scared and fell down.

Here, this morning, she was just leaning on her toy box/foot stool, no hands at all!!


She also made it to the stairs again this afternoon and as soon as she got there, she stood to her feet and started crying. It was a cry and a glance my way as if saying, "I know I shouldn't be doing this but I just can't stop myself" and she started climbing the stair again...didn't make it past the ground level because she was so uncertain...and I was there to stop her!

And thanks to Jill who mentioned the Little Debbie brownies in her blog the other day. I bought a box at the grocery store and they are too good for words! It's a good thing Tom posted about enjoying food the same day, or they may have been gone in one bite! Yes, I can savor a granola bar, but give me chocolate and it's GONE!

3 comments:

Heidi said...

omg, that video is so funny. Lu is starting to get whiney here and there too. Especially when it's time to get out of the tub - it's the only time she doesn't reach for me when I bend down to pick her up.

Dannie said...

She needs to start keeping her feet closer together when she stands -- if she did that she could have reached those bottles! :-) She'll get there soon enough. Maybe she'll be walking the next time I see her at Thanksgiving?

Christine Wood said...

Quinn! Move your feet forward like 2 inches and you'll have the bottle! You can do it!