Thursday, September 18, 2008

I CAN'T sit, mamamamamamama

Somehow amid learning to walk by holding onto her crib, pack and play, and any steady object to help support weight, Q has seem to forgotten how to sit back down. She's pull herself up, and stand there for 5-10 minutes trying to reach what is out of her grasp, and then look at me and start wailing. I look back at her and say, "you got up, figure out how to get down". She doesn't have as much of a problem with this in her crib as the landing is pretty soft considering she's falling onto her mattress...anywhere else--not as good. She's learning, I guess!

And I would let Mike take her for the weekend, except he's coming in early Monday and going right to work...

I'll get some time soon enough! Be prepared Minnesota, I want some time off! :-)

I'm still also not sure which teeth were coming through with all our teething woes. She's tugging her ear a little big, so I have a feeling it's top teeth. Which would be insane because she would then have 5 (or 6) on top and only 2 on the bottom!

Hmm, what else is new in our world? This market stuff is crazy! I still don't see what the big worry was about and why people are really so scared they invest in gold. Really? Are we living in the 1800s again that Gold is worth more than a company? It floors me, really. I hope people come around and see that sometimes the market has to go down a little...but by giving up and pulling out, YOU'RE NOT HELPING ANYTHING!

She's pretty much in solid 18 month clothes now. Some of them are much bigger (thank God) and some of them she's growing out of, but she's a growing gal who likes her Cheerios!

We leave for Mn 2 weeks from today! I'm so excited! I'm going to "shop" in Jill's closet (probably virtually) for outfits for the 2 weddings we're attending while there. Q even has options (thanks to Aunt Carol!). We're even going to have some time to visit with my family in Kaukauna as we're staying with my sister after the Vilar wedding. We are going to have several days in Eagle Lake too, so there will be plenty of Q time to go around! :-)

We went to Subway for lunch yesterday and I was all excited for yogurt and I gave Q a taste. She went "mmmmm" and ate the whole container! Guess she likes yogurt a lot now. She usually tolerates it, but has never gone "mmmmm" and eaten it all! I usually get a bite or two at the end.

Photos to post later!

1 comment:

Heidi said...

Lucy can't sit once she's standing either. She also won't lay down once sitting. The best is when it happens (several times) in the middle of the night. So much fun.