Thursday, September 11, 2008

Before I knew Mike . . .

It's crazy to think of the lives that were lost on 9-11 just a few years ago. Q was barely a twinkle in my eye--heck, Mike and I hadn't even met yet (we met 2 weeks later).

Thinking of all the families and people affected by that day has always made me shed some tears. Classes were even canceled on campus for a few days. Being here in NYC makes it all seem so much more "real". I know it was a very real day for too many, but I did not realize how much more powerful it would feel moving to NYC, seeing streets named after those who died, and seeing the towers site. I'm grateful the first "actual" construction has been started on the site and hope that construction of the memorial goes quickly, safely, and is a place to remember those who have passed on.

I'm still shedding tears today and somehow the city seems quiet.

1 comment:

new*me said...

yes, it's a sad day in our country today. We go on with life as usual, but it's in our thoughts today. Sending up prayers for everyone affected.