Friday, September 26, 2008

First 1st Birthday Present


For Q's first birthday, Granma Judy and Grandpa Chuck bought her the "next stage" of car seat! We've had it for about a week now, but it's yet to be installed. Why? Because I'm unsure if it will fit in my lil car rear-facing. So, we'll get to wait until Nov 22 (the "magic 1-year" mark for forward facing) to sit in it while in motion! She really likes the cup holder that came with it.
She's a little groggy in these photos. Why? She decided 5:30pm was bedtime yesterday. The mid-afternoon nap on the car ride home messed with her head a little bit. We got home and she was still a little sleepy so I put her to bed...she wanted none of that and just crawled around the house whining all afternoon. Until finally about 4, I said, "hmm, I wonder if you thought that was your full 2 hour afternoon nap and now you want dinner"....well, she did. She ate and said "ni ni ni ni ni ni" so I put her to bed. She woke up about 8 CRABBY to see Daddy and not wanting to play. So I nursed her and put her back to bed. To have her wake up at 2 to nurse and go back to bed. To wake up about 5:30 to think it's time to be awake and play. So I've got 3 hours of my day in already. What have I done? DRANK COFFEE. :-) Besides that, we ate breakfast, set up the car seat with the newly washed lining, read every book we own, changed a GROSS diaper, and well, now to her morning nap--all (almost) before Daddy was even out of bed (he woke up to put her down for her nap).
It's a rainy rainy day today too. It's been raining since about 6pm yesterday. This may be the longest stretch of rain we've had since, like, May. The pitter patter on the roof and windows is so relaxing. And I was COLD this morning! Socks, sweatshirt and pants...I don't remember the last time I was cold...
I only had my camera phone yesterday, so this is the shot of Q in the cart looking at the birdies.

3 comments:

new*me said...

love the lookin' at birdie pic. A new carseat is a great birthday present!

Heidi said...

We need a new carseat too!

I'm with you on messed up sleep. Lu was up at midnight screaming with tooth pain. A little ice and cuddles with Daddy on the couch got her back to sleep. I feel your pain!

Mindy said...

We must have a similar carseat (same cupholder!) In our car it's a Nuk holder :) You're lucky Q. is heavy enough. Natalie is just 21 pounds now at 16 months, so we STILL have her facing backwards! Since she doesn't mind and it's safer 'til she gets a bit bigger, we'll wait awhile.