Friday, November 16, 2007

40 weeks 1 day



It's been awhile since photos have been posted. I got back from my walk to the grocery store (a walk AND carrying heavy items...apparently things that are supposed to help labor...) and decided it was time for a photo. I'm not sure how many more I'll get being this big, so here's a treat for everyone who won't see me this big "in real life". One is of me trying to be upset that I haven't had this baby yet...and then she kicked me for the second one and it made me smile. I think she knew I was taking photos of her (I didn't tell her what I was doing either)!

I have a feeling it will be hard work to get good photos of this child. Maybe I'll be "lucky" and she'll be like I was when I was younger. The second lights came anywhere near my eyes or anyone
even MENTIONED waterfalls or rain, my eyes would well up with tears and the photos would be ruined! My first grade picture makes me look like someone just told me my dog died (although we never had a dog...).

No ne
w "feelings" today, really. She still likes it when I eat and then recline (ie: tends to move and stretch out). And she still likes to hear Daddy's voice (ie: moves and punches when he comes home for a good hour or so). I think we decided on a name last night! You'll all find out when she's born, so if you ask, we won't tell! If she was waiting for a name, I should be in the hospital!

So, we're at 40 weeks and 1 day pregnant. It's been an emotional and physical roller coaster! I moved home for the first time since the summer of 1999 (granted it was only for a week, but we all know Mom and Dad loved having me there!), we sold a house, we're renting a home, we moved 1500 miles, Mike's taking exams again, I've gone from working 40-60 hours/week to unemployed, we sold a car, I've gone from (never measured) a 30" (??) waist to a 43" waist with many, many pounds of fat, baby and fluid to go with it (doubtful it's much muscle at this point!), we've been to four weddings/one she was 'honorary' maid of honor as she didn't have a choice, gone from no daily MVI to an MVI that could make a dog gag from taste and size, started a blog, and learned that we have some great family and friend support across the great United States! I'm sure I missed many 'milestones', but can't imagine being anywhere different right now. It all feels right yet. I can't wait to hold my baby girl and kiss her and tell her how much everyone loves her.

Grandma and Grandpa R. are packing their final goodies for their trip to come visit, trying to find a way to fit it all in the car. Believe it or not, she's got her Christmas shopping done for us ... and they're bringing presents with so that's apparently a lot of room. I hope there will be room for Aunt Jen and her stuff too!! They will hopefully be here sometime Sunday morning...whether I see them at our home, or in the hospital, it'll be great to see them!

Grandma and Grandpa B. are hoping to come visit in December, too. She's got some vacation time coming her way, so she's hoping to come out and see us, our place, and NEW YORK CITY! Time to SHOP, SHOP, SHOP! Hopefully me and baby will feel good enough to SHOP, SHOP, SHOP with them!!! Mike may have to take the credit card away. :)

Regardless, our door is open to anyone who wants to visit! We can't wait to meet our baby and I'm sure you all can't either.

Time to go for a walk up and down the stairs a few times...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the pictures. You look great. Maybe she wants to wait until after Thanksgiving so she can have Turkey, Dressing, and Pumpkin Pie. She knows if she comes before that she won't be anything but milk. (Boring) I hope for your sake she comes soon. I can't wait to hear when she comes. Good luck to you.

Love you all, Carol

Anonymous said...

Hey, you look great! Hang in there and enjoy the quiet!

Anonymous said...

Katie, you and your baby look so beautiful together!!! Congratulations too. You have been a home and a safe spot for a longer time with your baby than I ever made it with my three. I know the end gets long, but just remember this is such a short time in the big picture. Love you all!
Peachy