Thursday, November 29, 2007

ONE WEEK!!

It has been quite the week in our lives. I never imagined that we would be sitting here with such an amazing baby girl who shows me a different cuteness and stubborness each and every day. She's been pretty regular the past day or so waking up every 4 hours. So, I only had to get out of bed once last night! That made for a happy Mom all day. But I'm still tired and expect to be tired for at least the next 2 months.

My mom has been a great aide this week too, physically and emotionally. We wish everyone could be closer as we know we'd have a million people pitching in. It just gives you all a reason to come visit NYC for a few days! Just give me enough time to recover so I can enjoy NYC too. :) It'll be probably a month or two yet before I can move too gracefully...just in time for the next wedding we'll attend!

We've taken the opportunity to quiz Grandma R. this week on any and everything as she had 5 kids of her own and she's a Grandma to (now) 6 and before next summer comes, a Grandma to 8! We have A LOT of stairs in our house and the grocery store is a few blocks away, but she's handled all of it wonderfully despite the bad knee that's started acting up the past few days. Just like I would do anything for Quinn, she's willing to do anything for me and just work through the pain to make sure her baby girl is okay. THANKS MOM!! ALSO, a huge thanks to Dad who "let her" stay here an extra week. I know he'd be here too if work would allow, but you have bills to pay too!! She leaves on Sunday already.

I'm getting anxious to see how I do "alone" next week. I should be okay as I feel better each and every day. I CAN'T WAIT until I can walk around outside again without the assistance of Advil and at a "normal" pace. Heck, I was excited about being able to take the flights of stairs "left foot, right foot," (7 times each foot/each flight of stairs) yesterday instead of "left foot, pause, left foot, pause, left foot, pause". I thought for sure my days of waddling would be over when she was born! Some day soon...

My belly has gone down considerably already too. I was slightly discouraged last week when I had a 8# baby, plus tons of other "stuff" out of my body and had managed to only lose 3#s. I was VERY fluid filled, though! I'm amazed at how the body stretches during those 9 months to make a baby fit...and then only a week later, being close to where you were at 5 months pregnant! Now, all I need to work on (once I can work on it) is being more fit by utilizing the treadmill and walking the neighborhood, playing with Quinn, and giving attention to my cats again!!

The cats have been slightly neglected the past week, but they've been getting TLC from Grandma R. When either Mike or I are holding Quinn or are near Quinn, they don't come near us. They've steered clear of her toys, car seat, chair, and bedroom. They've even stopped crawling on my chest and belly as if they know it's sore and they know to stay away. I miss that cuddle time with them, but am EVER SO greatful that they've not attempted to crawl on me as they'd be sorry they did. So, they've enjoyed her nap times when they can cuddle at my legs and give them a little TLC. Someday soon I'll be able to play fetch with them again!

New photos will post tomorrow as the transfer cable is MIA. Sorry! Additionally, I have been adding and organizing photos on Snapfish so you can view more than just the one or two I get to posting. You can order photos straight from that website if you want some "real" photos as our baby grows, too!

I guess I had a lot to say tonight!

No comments: