Sunday, November 25, 2007

Home Again



Yesterday morning, Quinn was given pediatrician approval to be discharged from the hospital. All we needed to leave was for my doctor to give approval to discharge home too!! So, as soon as Dr. Sticco gave us word, I called Daddy and Grandma and told them to rush so we could get home! Between the fluorescent lights, cold, not so great food, no snacks, hard bed and PAIN in my abs...I really just wanted to be at home with my family.



While Mommy dressed in a full outfit of "real clothes" for the first time in days, Daddy dressed me in a cute froggie onsie and cuddled me into my cute jungle receiving blanket and cute yellow duckie blanket.



She put up a little fuss (screamed for 30 minutes) until we put her cover over her car seat to take her to the car. Grandma R. was a huge help with the car seat process as Daddy went to get the car so we could finally get home.



We didn't hear a peep from her until we got her out of the car and carried her to the house. After a quick meal, she was very content in her bouncy chair for about 20 minutes alert and happy to be home. Killer hasn't made much notice to the fact that she's around. Eggo stares her down every now and then. They both tend to run away from her cries, but they haven't seemed to care too much since her arrival.

Then, Eggo, Killer, Quinn, and myself took a nap on the couch. Lovely picture, isn't it? Very flattering. But notice my belly! Grandma's holding it in her left arm. 8 pounds of cute baby girl.
We had a rather uneventful night, but our little Quinn has been more alert with her eyes open between feedings and sleeping. We're working on crawling and following fingers. We'll see which one she picks up on first. Her eyes are turning more green like Mommy's and Daddy's, from the gorgeous blue they were the first few days.

I can't believe it's been five days already. She's growing up so quick!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

She looks good with clothes on. You do, too, Katie. I like the family nap picture! :)

Anonymous said...

Hurray you're home! Very cute pictures. The kitties look like they are happy to have you home too!

Anonymous said...

she is the cutest little thing.. Congrats mommy and daddy!!

Anonymous said...

I want to kiss those cheeks!!! Kissy, Kissy, Kissy!!!

Love you all!
Peachy

Jill said...

She looks a lot like you, Katie. :]

Maybe she'll have guys that break up with her when they aren't even dating, too.

Figured that'd make you laugh.