Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Stevens Point

So, no, still no baby.

My sister, Jen, was in Stevens Point today at Sentry World (as it is the town of insurance!!) and called me to ask me for directions around town. It was really weird how much I remembered, but how much I didn't remember, about the town I lived in for Five years! All things considered, I don't think she was TOO lost by my attempt at use of 'north', 'south', 'east' and 'west' to navigate her way through town.

There was another story I was supposed to share about that conversation, but it escapes my mind...maybe you can comment on it, Jen? Was it really worth blogging?

Jen's pretty excited for her visit to NYC next week (heck, they'll be here Sunday already!!). I was hoping to have the baby earlier this week so there was a higher chance of me getting to go to Times Square and such with them---my plans to see the city are delayed a little again! I doubt I'll feel much like walking the city any time in the next week; either still very preggo or very much just out of the hospital. I'm not really looking forward to walking the stairs in the house!!

I also talked with Mom who is excited to see a baby--hopefully there will be a baby to see!! She usually has packing lists for her trips completed weeks ahead of time. She doesn't have a list yet (from what she tells me). A pre-empted "thanks" for the baby presents some people are sending with her (from what she says).

Baby-to-be seems to be doing well. We visit the doctor again tomorrow. She moves less...but with more deliberation. I swear I can see her breathing sometimes in my lower abd...it's insane. Part of me is going to miss having her always on my person....and the other part is extremely excited and anxious to get to see her grow and change every day once she's away from my person!

I wonder if the ticker I have on the page will count days overdue or if it will say "happy birthday" tomorrow...I can't wait to find out!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'd like to say "happy birthday" tomorrow, but she'll come when she's ready and not a day sooner!

Love you,
Mom

Anonymous said...

I can't remember either what you wanted to blog about. But I can tell you what I'd like to blog about is how *awesome* The Wooden Chair is. I loved that place. I had a great sandwich, appropriately named "The Rocker" and the best cookies I've had a in a long time. Thanks for the rec and GPS assistance. I need to start requesting rental cars with more bells and whistles. Although you needed something to do this morning, anyway, right since you are not yet screaming and cursing your husband. :)