Sunday, November 11, 2007

Cruel, I know...

but no baby yet! And if my latest wish comes true, she'll come no earlier than 12:01am Tuesday (so she does not share her birthday with anyone else in the families...I don't think....). I'm still feeling as good as can be. :) Internet connection is slower on the weekends for some reason and with my lower than normal patience level--AND we seemed to have never-ending phone calls this weekend--so I did not post any notes this weekend.

We went out for dinner last night for our anniversary (which was today) to a great Italian restaurant in Bay Ridge. It's about a 15-20 minute walk...if I could walk that far! So, we drove. We're excited for the spring when we can walk and not have to worry about parking!! It was probably the last dinner we'll have out without a baby or need for a babysitter. We had the full kid experience though, as the tables around us were families with younger kids. Regardless, it was great getting out and enjoying our first 365 days as husband and wife.

Today was a low-key day. Very much needed relaxing day. I played many video games as Mike studied. We had pizza and garlic knots for lunch as we watched the Packers/Vikings game. Then, about 1/2 way through the 3rd quarter, THEY CUT OFF THE GAME and switched it to the Eagles game because the Packers were decided to be dominate and winners at that point according to FOX executives (OR maybe the viewership was low and wanted to please the "more local" viewers??). I was surprised at the outcome, as the Vikings have been decent at the rush defense...and suddenly GB has a running back?!? So, it was a nice anniversary present from Brett to me...but Mike wasn't "feelin the love" from A.P. (who unfortunately went out apparently in the 3rd quarter!!).

SO, no baby. I don't feel like I'm having a baby anytime soon...not any different than I felt 2 wks ago when I swore she was coming!

Mike and I have enjoyed our first year together.

Just a year ago right now...I really wanted to be sleeping...but I'm pretty sure the dancing and drinking were still in full swing!!

RIGHT NOW this year, I'm amazed SD is beating Indy...except that SD just fumbled in the n-zone for an Indy TD..and failed 2pt conversion. Silly rain! First wet weather NFL football game this year??

As far as the emails and calls about no postings, thanks to all of you for your support and love and friendship! If there's ever a hiatus longer than a day again, it's probably because we're in the hospital! We're taking phone numbers (our cell phones that have numbers in them) with us (since I don't believe there's an internet cafe there) so most of you daily readers (those who I'm sure check regularly or that I've promised to call) should be getting calls as soon as all the t's are crossed and i's are dotted. Then when we get home and settled, we'll post photos and words for all to see in the great world of cyberspace! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So....no birthday present, huh? That's ok. I'll wait.

Love you.....Mom

TB--Milwaukee said...

Sucks to be a Vikings fan today especially with Peterson out for a while!

Oh well, Packer wins make for awesome Mondays!