Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Baby Born

I think we've officially contacted Grandparents, so I don't feel the need to hide our news from the blog any longer.

We'll be parents tomorrow!

Went to the doctor yesterday and we had a pow-wow (my two doctors and a med student) about when to have this baby. They have no worries about having her now...and know the family is in town to see the baby. After discussion on which way to induce (I can't believe the options) and prepare to induce (as she's really only about 15% ready to come on her own), they decided to send me in tonight! We should have a baby girl by tomorrow at this time...if everything goes "as planned".

Baby girl-to-be didn't really like that plan yesterday. From the time we left the doctor until about 5 or 6pm last night, she was kicking and punching. She was angry that I decided tomorrow was going to be her birthday--one of decisions I'll make for her in her life. :) ALSO, we read horoscopes in the paper yesterday and they are usually so off-the-rocker. HOWEVER, yesterdays were very much true to Jen, Dad and Me...and well, the Scorpio horoscope was closer to the truth for our baby (and Mom) so, she's got to be born by tomorrow or she'll be a Sagittarius. Not that I'm basing my baby's life around the stars...but, the Daily News horoscopes yesterday convinced me that she's more Scorpio than Sagittarius and has been through the entire pregnancy!

Today, I think she's calmed down a little and come to the realization that there are TONS of people VERY excited to meet her and that it won't be all that bad coming out. And I think she realizes it'll be more painful for me than her, so she'll be okay with it. :)

I really can't believe it's come down to us getting to decide which day to have this baby. It's been three weeks of me telling Mike I may call at any second so be ready...and never call. It's assuring to know we can follow more of a plan to leave the house, Mike's getting his final work things settled, and we've got our pre-admission completed for the hospital with MD orders to admit me prior to being 'close to ready to go any second'. And it'll be an okay ride to the hospital for me (unless the contractions suddenly get closer together than 2 1/2 days). I'm still pretty anxious for everything, but I'm so excited to meet our little girl, just thinking about it makes me tear up.

We sent Jen, Mom and Dad to the 75th Rockette's Christmas Spectacular Show tonight so they're spending the afternoon on Manhattan. Mike and I are scheduled for the hospital at about 9pm tonight (8pm central) and we'll see what happens from there!

SO, there probably will not be a posting until Saturday. I may not be discharged until Friday, potentially Thursday. Jen and Dad are thinking of heading to the Macy's parade LIVE on Thursday morning. I wanted to go too, but I will love having my daughter just as much as fighting the crowds and seeing gigantic balloons! I'll try to get photos up and/or emailed ASAP. I doubt we'll have access at the hospital, but Jen may be able to send some photos sooner than I can get them posted (I'll give her email addresses so the Borns/Olingers can see too!!). The family leaves Saturday sometime to drive back home. We'll see how I feel as far as when Mike goes back to work--his exam is next weekend already!

Other than that...nothing's new. The Packers play Thursday, so at least if I'm still in the hospital, I'll have something to watch (other than my precious gal). I'll have to make sure to pack the sweatshirt Auntie Claire bought! She may drown, but she's gotta wear the green and gold if they're playing!! :)

9 comments:

Jill said...

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!


I am sooooo excited for you. You have no idea. I think I will have birthday cake tomorrow! :]

My flight out is at 7pm EST, so if you get a chance to call- I'd love to hear from you. That or after 8pm CT.

I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Good luck! I hope everything turns out well for you and your little one!

Anonymous said...

OH KATIE!!!!!!! I too have tears in my eyes, and so much joy in my heart for all of you!!! Don't worry about the pain, only focus on the wonderful joy and yes, all the decisions you'll have ahead of you. You are all in our thoughts and prayers. Ask your Mom to hug you for me!!
Love you!!
Peachy, et al

Christine and Curt said...

best wishes!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

We are getting so excited,I'm getting calls all day long asking if we are grandparents yet,I just wish we were there,it just isn't the same being so far away. Please remember to call before during and after-we want to at least feel alittle part of this as best we can.
Best wishes and prayers are with you. Love grammy and grandpa born

Anonymous said...

And...they're off! The Borns just left for the hospital. (A tad later than expected due to an unexpected sewage issue in the basement that needed some attention!) Tomorrow will be a day of waiting by the phone for those of us in her house. Can't wait to meet the lovely little lady!

TB--Milwaukee said...

Can wait to hear the news!!

Anonymous said...

Any news????? We're dying here at the WW Minneapolis office...

Anonymous said...

I am so TRULY SORRY I thought Quinn was a boys name can you ever forgive me. Sob sob I will never live this down..