Monday, November 5, 2007

Remember When...

Well, today I sorted through emails and started downloading photos I've received the last few months. One of them was from Kevin and Shelly's wedding in August...when I thought I was "SO BIG". Well, turns out you can BARELY tell from the photos I was preggo! In fact, the only real way you can tell in most of the photos is that I'm the only one w/o a drink in most of them! :) And I was going to post one said photo and it won't load for some reason now...I'll have to work on that later.

Regardless, there is a cold front of 10-15 degrees cooler w/rain coming through Tuesday night/Wednesday. We'll find out if there's any truth to temperature changes causing babies to be born! My family has started a "betting pool" guessing our baby's birth date, length, weight, and time of day. We'll see who wins that one!

No other news. I've had shooting back pains...lasting about 30 seconds every 4-5 hours or so...that's new. HOWEVER, it's not associated with tight abs that "real labor" apparently has tacked to it too. A crazy thing having a baby does to your body. It's really nothing you can explain...all the books in the world and classes and advice...really don't cover what it's like to have a baby.

I've had requests for house photos, I'll work on that tomorrow. Before and afters. :) Today, I cleaned and vacuumed (again--cats and shedding season are FUN) most of the main floor. And I hung a few more pictures. We ordered new rugs from Kohl's (thanks to Grandma Born's help and Kohl's knowledge) that should arrive between now and Dec 1 (yep, they give quite the window for delivery!). There's only 1 box and a boxspring left in the dining room. I think we're actually ready for company and a baby! I thought the day would never come...it only took TWO MONTHS! Definitely not much of the "nesting" instinct in me!

1 comment:

Jill said...

So, if it makes you feel any better, I finally unpacked my last box from moving to Ann Arbor last November about a month ago. :]