Thursday, November 1, 2007

No News is Good News?

Well, despite my back pain, decreased baby movements, fact I can barely sit or lie in one spot for longer than an hour, I've managed to fluctuate weight between 167-170# within any given HOUR, AND the fact that it feels like this baby is going to fall out...no further along with pre-labor and no concerns from the doctor.


WHO wants to be the one to tell me exactly HOW a BABY fits through 10 centimeters?? (see photo of how big 10 cm is!)



Maybe it has to do with the fact I haven't felt any contractions and she's still moving enough and her heart rate is still normal. GO FIGURE she was moving the ENTIRE exam...it was one of the longest periods of time she's moved in THREE DAYS! Maybe it was the cold gel on the tummy?
BUT it's like I've said...if my true due date is November 15th, November 1st is a little early to be wanting to meet her.

And I think I'm going to learn Italian. So our baby will potentially speak Spanish, Italian, English, and 'Brooklyn'.

It will be nice to see to have Mike home a few days after the baby is born. Good bonding time for the two of them...and good time for me to do other things around the house!

Anyway, the cats are excited to see me home again (they get lonely...or so I like to think!). Also, baby Born is HUNGRY...maybe that's just me. I don't know.

Hope all is well with everyone out there. I'll continue to keep all y'all up on my "daily progress" with my "kick count" homework. I get to count how many times she moves in any given 30 minutes with two rules...just me and baby and quiet room. She like music and that's when she's usually moving, but nope. The rules are just me and baby and quiet room. That'll be a long 30 minutes! WISH ME LUCK!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

10 cm isn't very big, but the human body is a "marvelous" thing. That little girl is just waiting for grandma, grandpa and Auntie Jen to get there!! Be patient. She'll make an appearance when she's ready!!

Love You....Mom

Anonymous said...

Great idea about learning Italian. Our kids are also bilingual: English and Pig Latin!

Don't worry too much about those 10cm. Think more about holding that warm little bundle of love!!

Love you all!
Peachy

TB--Milwaukee said...

Just wanted to share that I'm a brand new Daddy today. At my nursing home, our Guinea Pig "Peanut" died in August ((ironic name, hey?)). We got a new baby guinea on Sept. 7. She was 6 weeks old. Since then she has grown HUGE. Happy Halloween! She had a baby guinea pig last night! I'm naming her BOO!

Gotta love guinea pigs, 2 months being pregnant, short labor, back to normal by noon today.

Good Luck!