Friday, November 9, 2007

Counting To Ten

So, about 2 months ago, around the time of the move, I wasn't able to play video games for longer than 10 minutes because my hands would get cramped up and fall asleep. WELL, that problem has gone away so I can play games again!

Yet another way for me to pass time until this baby arrives.

Doctor appointment yesterday, no crazy news. A little more dilated, so we're closer...but no contractions regularily so...we'll see. Hopefully the rest of the way to 10 WON'T TAKE 2 MORE WEEKS!

I've noticed more visitors checking out the page to see if there is news or photos yet...and believe me--I can't wait either!!! I keep eating every hour or so because...well it's colder now...but also because I know it could be a long time in labor with no food! Out of all things I'm thinking about for the labor process--
1) How will I go that long with no food?
2) How does something 8#(ish) come out?

SO, I've been teaching Baby Girl Born how to count to ten the last few days...I'm counting really fast today!!! We made it through Mike's busy week at work, so, any day now!

Keep ya updated...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

We snuck a bag full of munchies into the hospital- oranges, nuts, pretzels, juice boxes. The nice nurses also snuck me some snacks too. Without food, (41 hour labor) I would never have had the strength to push him out!

FYI, I did have to puke, but I didn't care. I would do it again.

kborn said...

Grandma Judy tried to leave a comment, she says

'Hope all goes well and I'm praying for you. Mike was a quick 5 hours in labor and 8 days late.'

FIVE HOURS?! EIGHT DAYS!?

We'll see. Emily--41 hours! How did I not know that? How could they really expect you to not eat for that long? And I was sick enough my first few months...what's one night/day/afternoon???

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary! :-)

Anonymous said...

Too busy celebrating your anniversary to blog?! Unbelievable. Can't wait to see you next week! Hope you are feeling well. Keep jumping up and down. :)

Anonymous said...

You are two days behind on your blog!! Happy Anniversary. Love you much. All will be well...just remember to "breathe"!! See you (and hopefully our new granddaughter) next week.